Did you know there's a Maryland Style Pizza? Now you do. Ledo Pizza has a ratio of 1.5cr/2ce/2ch. The crust gets a 3 out of 5, which is the main thing that makes this style of pizza. It's thin, sweet, and kind of biscuit-like. And it's good, but I'd prefer a little more chew. The lack of chewiness did give more power to the flavor of its sauce, which gets a 5 out of 5, which might be a bit generous. I may be compensating for the harshness of the crust's 3. But! The sauce is a perfect consistency, and it's also sweet. There's no spice and saltiness in this experience.

For style, I give Ledo Pizza a 4 out of 5. It's different in a generally good way. I wish I could try everything on their menu. And they gave me a really big side of sauce, which is a big deal, and may also contribute to their quality score which is 5 out of 5. If you've ever been to Ocean City, you might guess there's no industry outside of food and hospitality. So the people making food are doing it right. With an overall score of 85% I'd love to try Ledo's again, but there's another region chain I may not get to on this voyage. Stay tuned to see if I ever get to experience Grotto Pizza.
*
Let me explain my ratio system, regarding mass of standard Pizza Elements. Cr=Crust. Ce=Sauce. Ch=Cheese.
For CR (CRust), 1 is the equivalent of a transparent pizza in the New York style, or the rolled-out, crackery Saint Louis style. 3 would be a regular Domino's hand-tossed Pizza. 4 would be like a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, and 5 would be like a Sicilian Pizza or some varieties of Deep Dish.
For Ce (sauCE), 1 would be a watery sauce with a thin spreading, no clumping and no oozing. In this cause, the sauce is an afterthought, more like oregano than a key ingredient. 3 would be what you'd expect from a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. 5 would require a fork to eat.
For CH (CHeese), 1 would be a transparent layer, mostly existing to assure you that your pizza indeed Does have cheese on it. 3 would be a regular Domino's hand-tossed pizza. 4 would be what you get on a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. And 5 would be what you get in a pizza that requires a fork to eat, like a respectable Deep Dish Pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment