Vito's Pizza of Cumberland Virginia

When it comes to out of the way pizza joints, I usually expect the cooks to have been there at least ten years, knowing their business well. Such might have been the case at Vito's. After entering through a mudroom with community flyers and quarter machines, one selling sticky hands, I noted most of the workers at this place to be family... like a dad and kids. Immediately my expectations rose.
Our pie had a ratio of 2.5cr1.5ce3ch. The dough gets a 4 out of 5 from me. It was soft, sweet, comforting and delicious. If only there'd been more sauce, the goo factor would have brought me to my knees. Vito's sauce gets 3 out of 5. It was a little bland, a little watery, but the present flavor was good.
For style, I give Vito's a 4 out of 5. It really is my kind of place, where you can sit down and order and receive unlimited diet cokes without getting up once. It's not fancy, but done right. Our server was a sassy old lady who stayed remarkably on top of everything.
The menu also had a number of traditional italian and homestyle dishes, making it a local staple for all types of people. But there's more. A cardholder on our table displayed Vito's all new mexican menu. That's right. Vito's now serves mexican food too. I'd love to compare and contrast their marinara and salsa. My only complaint about the pizza was that there wasn't enough sauce. So I'm penalizing the score of style so I can give Vito's a proper 5 out of 5 for overall quality.
I had no complaints about our pizza, nor the dining experience. With an overall score of 80%, I recommend anyone in the beautiful, backwood mountains of Virginia to check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment