Ruckus Pizza of Raleigh, North Carolina

Upon meeting pretty much anyone from a new region, it's natural for me to inquire about their favorite regional pizzas, from a regional chain. And my trouble with taking suggestions on pizza is, that I must always write my truth. While I often opt for the large pie, the deal for slices at Ruckus was too good to pass up. It was like $3 for a slice from a thirty inch pie. The ratio for my cheese slices was 2cr/1ce/2ch, typical for a big slice joint.
I'll give their dough a 2 out of 5. It was both burnt and soggy, without much flavor. The outer crust was also pretty dry. So there were a variety of textures, not in really in a good way. Their sauce gets a 4 out of 5. It checked all the boxes for me.
For style, I give Ruckus a 3 out of 5. I like how cheap it was, and I wonder if that has any correlation to the full liquor bar enabling the restaurant to keep the profit margins low on the food. That being said, the place was very loud, with many tvs all showing different things. I got to watch some people hit golf balls while the tv behind me showed recaps of some of the best tik toks of the day. It's the kind of pizza joint that has black urninals, weird sinks, and serves sushi and poke bowls. While I admired Vito's inclusion of 'mexican' food, I don't think sushi is one of those things that should be served from the broiling kitchens of a regional pizza chain. I guess it's fine to give options to people who show up for the atmosphere and really Really don't want pizza. But what kind of pizza joint should put so much work into pleasing people who don't like pizza? I don't know.
For overall quality, Ruckus gets a 3 out of 5. I don't like the contrast of dry and soggy, and there were some bites with no discernable sauce at all. It's a good thing I got a side of it. While I can see why some people might love going to this place, with a score of 60%, I'll be exploring other options next time I'm in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment