Bronx Pizza of Deland Florida

Typically I don't use delivery to explore new pizzas, but today was a special day for no reason aside from doing this one thing differently. With a ratio of 2cr/1ce/2ch*, Bronx delivers the kind of east coast pie you can expect from any small chain in central Florida. It's not new york, but it's what the people know.
Bronx's dough gets a 3 out of 5 from me. It was crispy on the bottom and somewhat light, though not as airy as what you'd get in the big apple. The flavor was fine. The fact that our pie was delivered made the whole thing more dry than you'd expect from something fresh from the oven, so I did take that into consideration.

For sauce, I'll give Bronx a 4 out of 5. It was rich and full of herbs. While it was closer to spaghetti sauce than I'd prefer, I kept wanting more of it. When it comes to style, I give Bronx a 3 out of 5. Nothing stands out about it at all. And at thirty dollars for a large cheese, delievered, I feel like they don't even want my patronage. But maybe customers are expected to pay for the experience of their glorious restaurant, like at Ruckus. I don't know. I don't feel like I can give a full judgement here because I've never been inside.

For overall quality Bronx gets a 4 out of 5 from me. Mind you, I'm no longer in Bloomington Indiana where I'd give any shop an extra point for employing mostly university kids making their first attempt at holding down some kind of job. I can only assume people who cook professionaly in Deland have almost nothing else going on in their lives because they can't afford to do anything but cook, at their jobs, all the time.

With a final score of 70%, I enjoyed Bronx Pizza enough to give it a follow-up review, with the whole dining experience.

* Let me explain my ratio system, regarding mass of standard Pizza Elements. Cr=Crust. Ce=Sauce. Ch=Cheese.

For CR (CRust), 1 is the equivalent of a transparent pizza in the New York style, or the rolled-out, crackery Saint Louis style. 3 would be a regular Domino's hand-tossed Pizza. 4 would be like a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, and 5 would be like a Sicilian Pizza or some varieties of Deep Dish.

For Ce (sauCE), 1 would be a watery sauce with a thin spreading, no clumping and no oozing. In this cause, the sauce is an afterthought, more like oregano than a key ingredient. 3 would be what you'd expect from a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. 5 would require a fork to eat.

For CH (CHeese), 1 would be a transparent layer, mostly existing to assure you that your pizza indeed Does have cheese on it. 3 would be a regular Domino's hand-tossed pizza. 4 would be what you get on a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. And 5 would be what you get in a pizza that requires a fork to eat, like a respectable Deep Dish Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment