Waifs and Strays by Charles De Lint

I still haven't read any of De Lint's novels, but I really liked his Best Of collection. So I bought this collection for my sister's xmas gift, intending to read it before giving it to her. Why not? De Lint's stories are magical and heartwarming, inspiring you to cultivate magic in your own world.

Sometimes if you stretch your sights just a bit, you can find the magic. It's so close and so fleeting. You will likely miss it every time if you don't look for it. De Lint tells coming-of-age stories for all ages. He thinks targeting his writing toward teens or young adults would be condescending. My kind of guy. You might put his stories into the trappings of Low Fantasy or Urban Fantasy, but he refers to them as Mythic Fiction. Maybe that's your kind of thing. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment