The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Since I read a lot this past fall and winter, I decided it was imperative to read some "cozies", and this one sounded the most cozy. It's about a bakery owner in Minnesota who bribes people with cookies, has a big snuggly cat, drives a suburban, drinks jug wine, and solves a murder. For weeks, it inspired me to mix an egg with my coffee grounds and make scandinavian style coffee. What a treat!

The book, though. It was okay. There were cookie recipes accompanying most chapters. I didn't use any of them. The murder didn't have anything to do with chocolate chip cookies. I know I'm supposed to get all excited about figuring it out before the book tells me who did it. Really, you can only ever guess up until a certain, anticipated point. I never thought, "Oh man, if only that guy hadn't been murdered in cold blood."

I think it's wrong to ignore the grave consequences of killing. Joanna Fluke doesn't think it's a big deal to kill innocent people. Murder provides mysteries and in the end, everything is actually better than it ever was before. Cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment