Eric Gordon's Greek's Pizzeria of Bloomington, IN

It's been a while since I've had a new pizza. Too long, actually. Is this life even worth living? I guess, if I must live. There used to be a Greek's Pizzeria in Bloomington, a long time ago, but I guess it closed. That was before I had affected such a discerning taste. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone and comes back again.

There are ratios in Greek's Pizza. 3cr/2ce/3ch. I'll rate their crust 5/5. It was delicious. Sweet, yeasty, and with a light dusting of garlic powder on its handles. It was sturdy, chewy, and bendy without being tough. This is a midwestern-style crust done right. I'll rate their sauce 4/5. It was tangy (by way of tomato), floral (by way of oregano), decently thick, and delicious, and complimented the crust so perfectly. Be aware, if you get sauce with your breadsticks, their breadstick sauce is not the same as their pizza sauce. I was somewhat bummed by this, because their pizza sauce was so good.

For style, I'll give Greek's a 3/5. It's a classic midwestern style pizza, no frills. The store is right next to the stadium, which will be convenient for some, but impossible for at certain days of the year, for those of us with a serious jones.

Overall quality gets a 5/5. I think it's the best pizza in Bloomington. With just a little more sauce, it would have come out a bit less dry. But it wasn't dry like Domino's and Pizza X, completely goo-free. There were a couple bubbles on my pie, which are often inevitable. Neither of these nit-picks are strong enough to bring down that solid 5. I think someday I'll try to get a job there. Eric Gordon's Greek's Pizzeria gets an 85%! Great job EG-10, preparer of my selection. I'm going to have to look at this Pizza Forum.


2 comments:

  1. Amen. The King will always sit in my thrown, but the Greeks of time past has always been haunt to my cravings. I have been untrusting that excellence would or could ever be reproduced. After reading this review, my curiosity had been stoked and I must try this new Greeks. Cheers, duder!

    ReplyDelete