The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett

 

As it stands, most of my book reports are not being posted in the order that the books were read.  For a time, I thought about not writing about ebooks since I can't take a picture of them but that notion seemed ridiculous.  I need to chronicle this stuff and practice writing.  

The Colour of Magic is the 2nd Discworld book I've read.  It wasn't quite as heart-warming as Lords and Ladies but it was definitely great.  The first book in a series is almost always the most read, just like a band's first album becomes the album that the rest of their work is measured against.  Let's face it, this is only the case for bands who make a popular, breakout album.  I would hate to think of a world that never published The Colour of Magic.  Would Pratchett have gone back to the drawing board and created a different, more serious fantasy world?  I'm not surprised the author actually suggests for readers to start at his third book, Sourcery.  

Technically, The Colour of Magic is only the first in the Rincewind series, which is one of five or six Discworld story lines.  So I'm not entirely sure which to read next.  I'm leaning toward starting and finishing his Witches novels.  

But that's not what you were hoping to learn here.  The colour of magic is Octarine.  The magic number is eight.  

1 comment:

  1. I did so enjoy this story. I hadn’t known there was a whole world built around the disc world. 🤔

    ReplyDelete