Cafe Pizzeria of Bloomington, IN

Do you remember the rating system for Pizzas?
Cr = Crust
Ch = Cheese
Ce = Sauce
All of these range in mass from 1 to 5
Cafe Pizzeria is a 2cr/1.5ce/3ch. They are one of those local joints that has been around for a long time. They’ve had a lot of managers, but the recipe has stayed the same. Their owner probably never stops by, so sometimes their product isn’t up to my standards. As of now, their pizza is really good.

The crust is thin and folded up a bit on the sides of the pan. In your hand, it folds nicely, tastes good, and has a nice puffiness to it. It’s not dry but not as greasy as a Pizza Hut’s pan pizza. It is a midwestern style crust. I’ll rate the crust 3.5/5. Their sauce gets a 2/5. One the side, it tastes more like something I would scoop with a tortilla chip. However, I think the thinness of it contributes well to the covetous “goo factor” of the crust. I might have liked it if there were more of it on the pizza. I really enjoyed tasting both the sauce cooked into the crust under the cheese, as well as the taste of the sauce cooked onto the crust toward the edge.

For overall quality, I’d give them a 4/5. The cheese didn’t stretch a lot, but that’s fine. A lot of small time pizza joints have a problem of not cooking their pizza long enough. That wasn’t the case here. Doesn’t it look delicious? I do believe there was a hint of yellow cheese on it, which I appreciate. It’s probably even better eaten cold, but I couldn’t bring myself to save any leftovers.

For style they get a 3/5. We didn’t dine in, responding to the rise in covid cases, but I’ve been in there. It’s fairly cozy but unremarkable. The pizza itself is good, but not outstanding.

This gives Cafe Pizzeria a 63%.

1 comment: