"The Clownward Spiral" by Terry the Horror Clown

Terry the Horror Clown is a character created by Boo Dudes of Nashville, TN. Most of Boo Dudes’ releases are intelligently crafted, halloween-themed parodies of popular styles. If you dig into their other material I think you will be pleased at their mastery of dracula style vocals and gothy, chorused guitars.

This release is quite different from all of that. I was expecting horrorcore of some kind but I don’t think that’s what Terry’s doing. His beats are often more industrial than hip hop and his vocals are always auto-tuned. Actually, I think KLOWNSH1T feat Beppo! would make a great radio song for all seasons. I really liked Beppo. It would be cool to hear some of his solo material.

Dracula’s DUI is super catchy. I really dig how the auto tune fuels a constant stream of melody. I feel inspired to listen to a lot more industrial music but I know it won’t be as entertaining as this. Have you ever wondered how a clown sounds when they’re being stabbed to death? Me neither but I really enjoyed hearing it in Oops! Another Stabbing feat. Beppo and Dem Funnel Cake Boiz.

I like songs about stabbings and candy and stuff but I’d really like to hear more lyrics about Terry’s personal life. Where is his hood? What made him decide to become a clown? I like how most rappers are often rapping about their cred. It makes them seem human, as if they need validation. Terry isn’t like that. He doesn’t need to impress you. He’s a true psychopath.

No comments:

Post a Comment