About Reviews

One of my best readers asked me the other day about my review of Kurt Vonnegut’s Man without a Country. I didn’t talk about the book much at all. My other readers were probably also perplexed. Sorry.

I will try to do better though I don’t remember what Man without a Country was really about. It was more like a collection of essays. He talked about what people were meant to do. He talked about walking to the post office to mail his drafts instead of emailing with his editor. He talked about how the 1970s were a good decade for music.

About my reviews though. Let’s not call them reviews.  I don’t think my opinions are as valuable as my experiences.   At one time I decided to make a list of every book I read and figured it might be a good idea to record my take-aways and figured it would be a good thing to put in my blog.

There are going to be a lot more book reports, after all.   I have posts written and scheduled for the next few months.  Thanks for coming to the zone.

2 comments: