I read this book (Stay Out of the Basement by R.L. Stine)

 

Thriller number two for this spooky season, this is actually my first Goosebumps book.  As a child I wasn't allowed to read them.  I don't know why, maybe my parents thought Goosebumps was evil.  Anyway, my folks got me an e-reader for my 26th birthday and I downloaded the whole goosebumps collection so maybe I'll read another this year.  

Stay Out of the Basement was pretty good, actually.  I think sometimes kids have much better taste in books than adults do, since they are more regularly expected to read literature.  R.L. Stine did not disappoint and I'm really glad he got so many (other) kids reading.  Still I wasn't scared.  Let's get scary!

Look at these non-scary alternative covers!

I'm not scared!






No comments:

Post a Comment