a time for gravy

 

Since I gave up on french fries and had that dream about gravy, I decided to go ahead and eat a lot of mashed potatoes; never without gravy.  

For some reason, my homemade gravy never feels official.  It's not exactly what you would get in a can or from a chain restaurant.  It's not like mom's.  


My own bastard gravy often fails to fulfill the purpose of true gravy.  
You have to make sure your gravy is never more dense than your mashed potatoes.  Don't be afraid to over-microwave your instant mash.  
I thought maybe if I ate a lot more stuffing, I could satiate its need enough to hold back a little at thanksgiving.  I don't want to immediately pass out after dinner again.  
Canned sausage gravy is an exception.  It's not as good as homemade but homemade is once less fulfilling than from a Hardee's or gas station in Kentucky.  
I got leftover gravy from the restaurant I work at.  
I also got my four wisdom teeth pulled, encouraging me to eat more mashed potatoes and gravy.  
Mash with real potatoes is not always as good as instant.  You have to boil your potatoes super well or else they'll be too starchy.  
I think grocery store delis charge way too much for mashed potatoes, considering how cheap their chicken is.  
I don't know if I'll ever get sick of stuffing.  I think stove top is better than what my mom makes.  
I could have had more mashed potatoes and gravy but at times, fixing it can be inconvenient.  I can't really abide an inconvenient meal.  Otherwise I'd eat more fast food.  
My favorite plate is the Corelle with green flowers.  Every time I see a Corelle plate, I compliment it and try to eat off of it.  

4 comments:

  1. Have you added cheese curds to it? Doing a Poutine Mash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. butter, flour, broth, spices. I didn't measure anything

      Delete