The Croods

 


The bar for animated family movies has gotten pretty high; the most high it's ever been.  Naturally, I snoozed on the Croods.  In fact, I'd never heard of it until I saw it a couple months ago.  Pretty much everything about it sucked.  It might be Nicolas Cage's worst film.  If it's not, I'm going to find his worst film and tell you about it.  

I don't know if I can ever trust Dreamworks again, after such a weak offering.  The characters are cave people, which gives them an excuse to be the cliches that that every future character will vaguely embody.  Still being cave people doesn't give every one of them an excuse to be ugly.  Why do they shave their arm pits?  

1 comment:

  1. You deserve a trophy for making it to the end. When I watched it, I was indeed the Smokey one and still just couldn’t.

    ReplyDelete