Hot is not a Flavor

 

Not that I wouldn't recommend these Slim Jim Fire Fries.  I love the name, even though it is a pun.  Replacing an L with an R might be too edgy for a fest punk band but for a snack, I think it works.  Fire Fries have a texture comparable to Cheetos and Andy Capp's hot fries with a more satisfying crisp.  You might attribute that to Jim's lack of corn.  That's right baby.  Fire Fries are all potato, the way you might assume a fry should be.  

Regarding taste, I don't consider hot a valid flavor.  Spicy popcorn tastes like popcorn.  Spicy peanuts still taste like peanuts and even Flaming hot Cheetos taste kind of like Cheetos.  These fries just taste like spiciness.  Pure vegetarians and people with any semblance of class can rest, knowing these Fire Fries do not taste like an actual Slim Jim.  I would know.  I've tried every flavor, which is something I might talk about in later post.  

In other good news, Slim Jim fries also come in Buffalo Fury flavor.  If I come in contact with them, I will be making a post about it even though I expect they're just a saltier, tangier, and less coolly-named version of Fire Fries.

1 comment:

  1. Gonna try these soon, hopefully my circle K has them. I used to try a bunch of different flavors of slim jim back at my time working at a gas station, I got close to trying em all but then they fired me. Little did they know I had been sampling slim jims on their dime :)

    ReplyDelete