Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman


It was a Christmas gift in 2018 from my sister Amy.  At the following thanksgiving, she asked if I liked my book and I said, "What book?"  Of course, Neil Gaiman.  I'd been meaning to read some of his work.  

Do you have an interest in Norse Mythology?  Have you ever wondered where all those Norwegian black metal bands got their cool titles?  Look no further.  No joke, Gaiman is a master story teller.  I can't think of any writer who can use such plain language, so entertainingly pulling readers from their own world into the world on a page.  Norse Mythology is edutainment at its finest.  

5 comments:

  1. I've read a few of his books (not this one), all really good. He wrote Good Omens with Terry Pratchett, and there's a miniseries of it, maybe like 8 episodes. A lot of fun to watch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Good Omens. I did the audio book while riding my bike and then playing minecraft. I always thought The Them would be a cool band though I don't know who would get the reference. I still have to see the show!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. you can borrow my copy but I'm gonna want it back cause I high lighted a bunch of stuff. so you can borrow it until january

      Delete