Guzzardo's Italian Villa of Lincoln Illinois

By the name, you might have figured that Guzzardo's is more of a full on Italian restaurant than a pizza shop. And you'd be right. Pizzas are picked up at the back door, while diners have the glamorous experience of an italian restaurant with huge portions. Our pizza order was screwed up, somewhat. Instead of a cheese pizza with half pepperoni and sausage, they put toppings on the whole thing. Oh well. It had a ratio of 3cr/1ce/4ch*.
I'll give their crust a 3 out of 5. It was quite crusty, bubbling somewhat at the bottom where the dough soaked up a floury coating. It could have used more of a knead, but I found it enjoyable. And there was an adequate presence of goo where the dough met the sauce and cheese.
It's possible that most of the sauce absorbed itself into the dough, as there didn't seem to be much of it on the pizza. Lucky for me, our side of red sauce was huge. I should have taken a picture of it. The sauce gets a 4 out of 5. It was rich, long-roasted, with an abundance of oregano and marjoram.

For style, I'll give Guzzardo's a 4 out of 5. I do like how they gave us such a huge side of red sauce. Also, I like the idea of getting pizza at an italian restaurant, with a genuine italian feel. The pie hits that sweet spot between rustic and sloppy, wonderfully decadent. I imagine none of their pizzas are exactly the same, whether made for love or made for the cooks to get the ticket out of their faces. Who knows? That being said, I'll give this pie a score of 4 out of 5 for overall quality, with a final score of 75%.

No comments:

Post a Comment