French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon

The French have, to me, some severe habits and expectations when it comes to eating. And that's just fine. While this book wasn't as enlightening as I hoped, in inspiring me to eat better, I was repeatedly aroused by the sense of culture that can exist in other places. I hardly notice the traditions and expectations that exist in our country.

And there are some french ways I think would be nice. Over there, kids at every school have a two hour, six course meal at lunch, teaching them to eat a variety of healthy foods with healthy habits. French don't eat alone, which could be a good thing, especially when you're one to go for more slices than you should. They don't have to deal with the shame of eating bad, because they habitually eat good and avoid obesity-causing habits at a young age. But alas, we live in America and tend toward the ways of those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment