Rosati's Pizza of Findlay Illinois

There's a gas station on the road to lake Shelbyille that sells live bait and every kind of liquor, and houses a pizza joint. Rosati's offers a full dine-in experience as well as snacks by the gas station's cash register. While I dont go out of my way to try gas station pizzas, and I didn't try anthing from the actual restaurant, I felt this slice was worth noting. Rosati's offers authentic Chicago pizza, and I'm not sure if they have deep dish on their menu. But I know deep dish isn't the only thing going on in Cook County.
Rosati's cheese slice has a ratio of 3cr3ce3ch. Their crust gets a 3 out of 5. It's a little bit over kneaded, under proofed, and under cooked. But it wasn't cumbersome. In fact, it was quite enjoyable, with a better flavor than Papa John's even though the texture wasn't all there.
Their sauce gets a 5 out of 5. It's rich and somewhat chunky, tasting much like what you'd get from Gino's East or Giordano's. I could easily eat it like soup. For Style, I guess I could give Rosati's gas station pizza a 5 out of 5. At $3 a slice, I was very pleased at what was one of the best gas sation slices I've ever had. It's not Chicago Deep Dish, but the taste is there and its gas station seems like a great place to stop before or after any kind of party.

For overall quality, I'll still give Rosati's a 3 out of 5. It's still a gas station pizza and if they don't put the time into properly proofing and cooking their pre-prepared slices, I don't expect they'd do much better when you get a frresh pie to order. With a final score of 80%, I'd hope to stop again next time I'm going through BF Illinois on the direct route to Springfield from Bloomington Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment