Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon

I think it was in June, I told you all I was going to read a Star Wars book every month, forever. 5 months later, I've finished my 2nd one. And we've acknowledged I'm not going to read a hundred books this year. I've been busy with game design stuff, and things that impact my life outside of my mind. And while the mind can always use some work, it's good to focus on a bit on the place in which it dwells.

If you look at a timeline of all the Star Wars Legends books, Into the Void is at the start. The Jedis are called Je'daii, and they use swords instead of light sabers. And it was a fun, entertaining read. As you know, they don't let just anyone write a Star Wars book. Tim Lebbon knows how to write a fun adventure.

More about the story. It follows the tale of a solitary ranger named Lanoree, whose sent on a quest to stop her brother Dalien, who hates the Force, from opening a Hypergate on their home planet. All kinds of things can go wrong with a Hypergate, and the Je'daii don't want someone so dark to mess with it. Even this long ago in the long ago of a galaxy far far away, technology isn't far off from what they have in any of the other Wars of Star. Droids are there, too. So if you love the cute, bleepy droids, you'll love this too.

But how does this story impact the rest of the Star Wars universe? I have no idea. It would be best to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment