Others have pizza. We (who are not present) Make pizza.

Boasts PJ Fresh, the nationally famous chain of gas station food bars. I try to react to their arrogance by waltzing in and declaring myself as 'PJ Fresh', who always gets a free coffee as royalty for the use of my name. Of course I never get a free coffee. Even refills cost ~$2. Oh well. Not every PJ can be as cool as I, and I state that with a measure of conceit for this popular 'market'.
More than one of my friends informed told me about PJ Fresh's awesome pizza, and DudeCool25 (blog follower #1) took me all the way up to Indianapolis to try it. The person who makes the pizzas at the Flying J station was gone, so all they had was 4 cheese or meat lovers. We got the 4 cheese, and it was cooked in the gas station's Arby's. And I think if Arby's developed their own pizza, their own way, it would have been much different.
So how was PJ Fresh's pie? It was all right, really cheesy. Their crust was much like a garlic knot, which was cool. Overall, it was a better quality pie than what you'd get at a Casey's General Store, but Casey's pizza is still more like pizzeria pizza and less like gas station pizza. Both are better than what you'd get at 711. But I think with 711, the price of a $1 slice really amplifies the sense of satisfaction.
For the sake of rating, I'll score PJ Fresh's pizza with a ration of 3cr/2ce/4ch. Crust gets a 2. It was rubbery, thoough flavorful in a garlic knot kind of way and not in the way of a good dough. Sauce gets a 3, Overall quality gets a 3, and Style gets a generous 2. A final score of 50% is good for a gas station pizza. For those of you who might comment. What is your favorite gas station pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment