Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C. O'Brien

To tell you the truth, I've never made it to the end of the movie that was based on this film. I've always fallen asleep, or found myself not paying attention. And I had no great reason for this. I know the film was a Don Bluth production and probably rules.

So how was the book? It was good. I prefer gerbils over mice and rats, but I do like stories about small animals who talk and are civilized. I liked the characters maybe more than I generally like wild animals. And I don't know why, since I can only assume the Wild need a lot more courage than human-types, sitting in their houses and typing on their computers. There might have been a philosophical element to this story, but I might have missed it, being not of the story's target demographic. Well, maybe I am. It's a good time to feel young.

No comments:

Post a Comment