Heirs of the Force by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta

It was the month of my birthday, and to feel young, I decided to dedicate the month to reading "young" books because sometimes it takes some extra effort to tame that "old" feeling. Heirs of the Force is the first of many in this series of Young Jedi Knights, about the twin children of Han Solo and Princess Leia, training to become Jedi Knights at Luke Skywalker's academy.

As a preteen, I remember reading one from this series but now I've looked at the covers so much, I've forgotten which it was. Regardless, Heirs of the Force was a pretty good Star Wars story. It was fun, featuring a translator droid who talks just like See Threepio, named Em Teedee, made for Chewbacca's nephew. This adventure on the planet/moon Yavin 4 was told by Kevin J. Anderson, a known master of popular space opera and science fiction, along with his wife Rebecca Moesta, who has written a lot of Star Wars books. Needless to say, it was a treat to take in this most special of collaborations.

In fact, I had such a good time that I think I'll go ahead and (in due time) read every Star Wars novel from the Legend timeline, disregarding the new Star Wars canon with the Disney take-over. It's not that I'm against Disney and new Star Wards, really. I just can't expect myself to read every future Star Wars novel for the rest of my life. Anyway, we'll see if I stick to this dream. Next month I'm going to read Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void, by Tim Lebbon. Yes reader, I am going to try to go in chronological order with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment