Things That Will Pass for Pizza

There's something about being a kid that gives every adult license to talk about you as if you're not even there, at church, family get-togethers, school, everywhere. So I got a reputation for being a picky eater, rightfully earned. I was averse to the seasoned meat in tacos (it tends to smell like an arm pit). Also, I wasn't into pizza with pepperoni, or a sauce that likely will taste like spaghetti-os. So I never ate school cafeteria pizza, but I was always curious.

At my household, we like to go down to Odon Indiana, for their meat locker. In the freezer, they had a bag of these pizza-ish squares, and I had to try it. The dough tastes like a flour and water pancake, like I used to make when I was first living on my own and didn't know how to cook. The sauce is a little better than Spaghetti-os, but not better than Chef Boyardee. Neither sauce is as good as that in the Great Value brand spaghetti rings.

I love the little nerd-like, nugget-style sausage bits, but the ones on this pizza are not very good. They don't taste like much of anything, so it's more like eating rubber than sausage. Justine informed me this pizza isn't as good as that in school cafeterias. So maybe I missed out, but I didn't want to give into enjoying a cheap bastard version of pizza, not as a kid. I knew that if I pretended to like school pizza, then I'd have to eat it all the time, and eat less of the things I actually enjoyed. No thanks. I needed every freedom I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment