Matters of the Heart by Danielle Steel

After a few pages, I thought this would be the equivalent of a Harlequin Romance, only longer. The font seems big, and the spaces between the lines are huge, like in an abridged classic from the (not to be named) dollar store.

My mom reads Danielle Steel, or she used to. And I didn't expect Steel's 100th novel to be so heavy. It's about a hugely successful photographer named Hope, with a tragic past and a lot of money. She meets the perfect guy who turns out to be less than great. Many times I had to put this book down, because it conjured so many dark feelings, wondering about my past relationships. I wasn't all that bad. Still, I really cared about sweet little Hope.

Now I'm left wondering about Steel's other novels. She's written over a hundred, and I do plan on reading a hundred books this year. Maybe my mom can steer me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment