Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

I found this book at a Goodwill store, very well-loved. For those of you don't know, Noraa Roberts is a big shot in the world of popular fiction. It says so all over the spine, cover, and afterward. From the back cover Nora sneers at us condescendingly in her pearls and power suit. How often should a novelist need to wear a suit, anyway? Does she know that she has more books at Goodwill than every author ever?

In Angel's Fall our protagonist is from Boston, and her love interest is from Chicago. Visualizing the scenes, I failed to give these characters accents. I don't know about you, but books are often more fun for me when I can get a vivid picture of the characters.

That being said, Angel's Fall was an entertaining page turner, and I think it could make a good movie, if you like mystery and romance. It takes place in the mountains of Wyoming, where a runaway chef finds herself working at a little diner, and witnesses a murder. This won't be my last Nora Roberts novel, since her book Year One is on my Goodreads 'want-to-read' list, and it's not like I don't want to read it. Also, I'm very intrigued by the works advertised on the back pages of Angel's Fall. How is she the most successful author of her generation? What can I do to catch 1% of that success?

No comments:

Post a Comment