Little Girl Lost by Drew Barrymore with Todd Gold

Little Girl Lost is like a very long magazine article. It's comprised of Barrymore's autobiographical narratives, always followed Todd Gold's tell-all pieces, regarding Drew’s childhood descent into drug and alcohol addiction. I was interested in seeing how children do end up doing drugs and alcohol, since as a kid, I didn’t know where to begin. I remember 6th grade rumors about kids who were druggies and burnouts. How did they manage that?

Sometimes I forget that not all parents are as involved in their kids lives as mine were. I’m lucky my parents were married and my mom was usually home until my younger sisters were old enough to go to daycare. Of course you might argue that Drew Barrymore was lucky, due to being a rich movie star. And I wonder if there are a lot of people who overlook every other factor because they’re mad about not having wealth, as if being rich or famous would make them a better person. Look what happened to Drew. Would we be interested if she were not rich and famous? Maybe. But we’d probably also never find a book of her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment