Knee Deep in the Dead by Dafydd ab Hugh

In 6th grade, I went to Walden Books in the mall with my friend Paul. He bought this novelization of Doom and I bought a novelization of Myst. For those of you who don’t know, Myst might be the most boring game ever released on the Sony Playstation (but on PC there are definitely more boring games). I should have bought Knee Deep in the Dead though it likely has more value to my adult self than whatever jerk I was in 1998.

I’ve never read a military-type story so this is a new thing for me. Like the computer game, Knee Deep in the Dead is mostly about shooting monsters. These monsters are being produced on Deimos and Phobos, the famous moons of Mars, and must be stopped from going to earth and destroying humanity. It’s a fun read especially if you’re addicted to action games and want to build up your literacy.

1 comment:

  1. Noice... Myst tho. I had a free beta copy for PC (I had no consoles). I’m pretty sure all I did was open a door, get lost, and spend hours walking in circles trying to figure out what was next or how to turn it off. Lol.

    ReplyDelete