"Fear Nothing" by Dean Koontz"

At Half-Priced Books, I bought Seize the Night by Koontz, only to later find out it was part two in the Moonlight Baby Trilogy. So I read the ebook of Fear Nothing. It’s my first Dean Koontz novel and in time, I’m going to read at least two more of his works. I never know how long to wait when reading a series of books. Half a year seems good. I don’t want to face the injustice of burning out.

Fear Nothing takes place over the series of two nights. Not very much time, stretched over 448 pages. Many boring events are detailed, probably for the sake of suspense. It seems unfair: writers using first-person perspective to withhold information. While Koontz uses this method wonderfully, I think the method often deprives the story. Should I have to finish part two of the trilogy just to find out whether or not there are going to be any character arcs?

This is the story (no spoilers). Bad things happened. Everyone could die. Not everyone dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment