Skittles' Water Enhancer

From day one, I’ve been a fan of water enhancers. They are often cheap and can be delicious, energizing, fortifying, and hydrating. So of course I had to try Skittles’ take on water enhancement. I love how they give us four different flavors in one box. At $1.99, it’s an easier commitment than $1 for one flavor of Crush, which might not even be good. Skittles’ water enhancer is also a good deal because for $1.99 I got a total of 20 pouches, more than enough to flavor 320 ounces of water. Enough to fill over five two liters.
I never knew red skittles were supposed to be strawberry flavored. Somehow I figured it was punch or cherry. The strawberry might be my favorite of the bunch. While I usually don’t go for strawberry flavor, I think it’s improved by the drink’s skittly sweet finish. While orange is almost always my fave, followed by grape, these two flavors just weren’t as tart as I prefer them.
The green apple looks really good but it’s just not my bag. To me, it’s better than most green apple flavors because it’s less tart than usual. I do think lime would have been a better choice for green. 
Growing up I drank a lot of mixtures of Aldi’s powdered fruit drink. Gremonaide was a good one, as was Grorange. You know sometimes it pays to experiment, so I made a skittlicide,which turned out to be more delicious than any of the regular four. It would be really great if they made tropical and very berry version of the skittles’ water enhancer. Tropical skittles are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment