Angelina's Pizza of Deland Florida

In word-of-mouth, Angelina's is likely the most beloved Pizza in the Deland area. Naturally, they were busy on a Friday night, but not so busy that we couldn't get a seat within five minutes. It is a wonderfully cozy little hallway of a hole in the wall, mostly decorated with things that can be bought on the spot.
Angelina's Pizza has a ratio of 2cr/1ce/2ch*. Their crust gets a 5 out of 5 from me. It has a thin layer of chewiness, with a soft inside and a flavor that's completely on point. Their sauce gets a 3 out of 5. It's too thin for me and lackluster. However, there's nothing wrong with it. If I ran Angelina's, I don't know if I'd change it. I wouldn't mess with a formula with such a draw.
Since I gave Bloomington somewhat of a buff regarding quality, as most places are employed by university students, I'll be extra generous for the Style factor of pizzas in the Deland area. As expected, 95% of the pizzas within an hour of the east coast are going to approximate the New York style. While Angelina's has a Sicilian Pie on offer, I may review that as I make my rounds again. I like a 'Sicilian' pizza, though I know the dough is typically cooked hours before the pizza itself goes into the oven, and let's face it, the Sicilian pie isn't meant to represent the shop at hand.
Enough blather. Angelina's gets a 4 out of 5 for style. As noted, it's extremely cozy. There was nothing on the menu that didn't appeal to me. Every salad comes with a side of amazing bread, and their Corn Munchers were a special treat. Angelina's has it all: slices on the go, stacks of pizza for takeout, outdoor seating, fair prices, private bathrooms, and great service. If I had friends visit, I don't know if I'd take them here. It's a great spot for a date night, but it's less of an anomaly than Mirino's and DoBro's.
For overall quality, I'll give Angelina's a 5 out of 5. There was nothing to complain about regarding the pizza Or the experience of eating it. With a final score of 85%, I would easily recommend Angelina's to anyone new to the area, as what might be the Actual best pizza on local offer.

* Let me explain my ratio system, regarding mass of standard Pizza Elements. Cr=Crust. Ce=Sauce. Ch=Cheese.

For CR (CRust), 1 is the equivalent of a transparent pizza in the New York style, or the rolled-out, crackery Saint Louis style. 3 would be a regular Domino's hand-tossed Pizza. 4 would be like a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, and 5 would be like a Sicilian Pizza or some varieties of Deep Dish.

For Ce (sauCE), 1 would be a watery sauce with a thin spreading, no clumping and no oozing. In this cause, the sauce is an afterthought, more like oregano than a key ingredient. 3 would be what you'd expect from a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. 5 would require a fork to eat.

For CH (CHeese), 1 would be a transparent layer, mostly existing to assure you that your pizza indeed Does have cheese on it. 3 would be a regular Domino's hand-tossed pizza. 4 would be what you get on a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. And 5 would be what you get in a pizza that requires a fork to eat, like a respectable Deep Dish Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment