Dobro's Chicago Style Pizza of Deland Florida

Dobro's has long been one of my favorite local joints, serving delicious deep dish pizza in a region I've frequented often, eventually moved to. This last time, I called to order a pizza for pick-up. They said my pie would be ready in thirty minutes, which is pretty quick for a deep dish pizza, but whatever. While a traditional deep dish has a ratio of 5cr/5ce/5ch, this pie from DoBro's had a ratio of 4cr/5ce/3ch.
Their crust gets a 4 out of 5. It doesn't have much of the sweet yeasty flavor and general puffiness I like in a dough, but it's still buttery, crusty, and delicious. Not as fresh as I hoped. Their sauce gets a 5 out of 5. It's thick, rich, and chunky like I want from a deep dish pizza.
For style, I'll give Dobro's a 4 out of 5. It's not a fancy place by any means, though the servers all wear trilby hats. The price is great and the menu has a variety of appealing italian dishes. I wish they'd given me pizza sauce with the bread sticks instead of the spaghetti-type of marinara. Oh well. Next time I'll remember. Mostly I love their willingness to offer the taste of Chicago in central Florida.

Dobro's gets a 3 out of 5 for overall quality. I felt like they were skimping on ingredients and using pre-baked doughs to compensate for a short prep staff. Maybe they were too busy to my pizza with an appropriate quantity of love. Not only was the cheese lacking, it wasn't fully melted. That's an issue, however delicious the pie was. With an overall score of 80%, there's no doubt I'll be coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment