Consider This by Chuck Palahniuk

As you know, I'm a writer of fiction with hopes of someday showing a novel people like you will want to read. So I picked up yet another book on the craft of narrative fiction. And it was pretty good. Palanhiuk talks a lot about his life as a writer, while giving the best practical writing advice he could put together.

So I very much appreciate his elaboration on the tricks he uses to hook readers, though you should be able to figure it out by reading his other books. Now I know, if I had the talent, how to write like Chuck. While every writer intends to have their own style, I do see the value in what he shares.

If you're a writer, I definitely recommend this book. And like most books by authors on writing, he included a long reading list, mostly of stuff that inspires his own work. Stuff heavy on hooks and voice. All good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment