511 Main Fountain & Pizzeria of Ashton Idaho

From the map, I wasn't especially interested in trying Ashton's only pizza joint. In this situation, the only pizza in town will be crafted to be "pretty much" pizza, thus good enough. The town was so cute, and we were so hungry, so we stopped.
The shop is an old fashioned ice cream parlor whose main food is pizza, with options of soup, salad, sandwiches, and a "chilango wrap". They had a whole menu of sundaes and things with ice cream, soda, and huckleberries. After downing my first diet pepsi of the bottomless type, our pizza had a ratio of 3cr/2ce/3ch.
I give their crust a 4 out of 5. It's somewhat bready, heavenly soft with the flavor of good pizza dough. While I loved the presence of goo in the center of pizza, I felt like it could have been cooked at a higher temperature as it was lacking in chew. Maybe it could also have used a longer knead. Still, it's the kind of dough Papa John's would give us if their pizza was made with something related to love.
Their sauce gets a 5 out of 5. It might be a little tomato pasty for some, but I thought it was perfect, thick with plenty of tomato flavor. The kind of sauce you get some mileage from.

For style, I give a 4 out of 5. The shop was cute and cozy without trying to make a gimmick of it. I might have tried one of their desserts if I hadn't stuffed myself with delicious pizza. Their appetizers didn't interest me, since they were mostly more basic forms of pizza, like garlic twists and bread sticks They didn't even have chicken, which might be the reason they didn't get the full 5. Their other menu items didn't appeal more than pizza, though one of their pies comes with a special cranberry sauce pizza sauce, which is an intriguing heresy.

For quality, I give this pizza a 5 out of 5, especially since I was critical of its dough and cooking temperature. There was no brown on top, but look at the stretch on that cheese. This pizza was beautiful and absolutely delicious. So Main 511 Pizza gets a final score of 90%. Good good stuff. I'm glad to have stopped, as it truly brightened my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment