Pizza Inn of Frankfort Kentucky

Until today I'd never been to a Pizza Inn, and I'd only ever seen them in Kentucky, so I do consider it a regional chain. Though I could be wrong. I ordered for pick-up since Justine and I were traveling with our dog, but the buffet looked really good. The lady on the phone gave me three options for crust: Thin, New York, or Italian. So I chose Italian, whatever that means. The ratio for our large cheese was 2.5cr/2ce/2ch.
Their Italian crust gets a 2 out of 5 for me. With a slight cardboard vibe, the flavor just wasn't there, aside from the garlic butter on the handles. While it all held together, the crust was dry and could've used more chew or more grease, and definitely more yeast.
Their sauce gets a 3 out of 5. While somewhat thin, the tomato base was sweet and the herbs were more savory than floral. For overall quality, Pizza Inn gets a 4. It was very satisfying to devour. =
For style, Pizza Inn also gets a 4. They had a game room, and my pizza plus side of red sauce was only $11. What a deal! All the stuff on their buffet looked really good. I wonder why the lady on the phone didn't mention their pan pizza? I don't know. She made me spell my last name and somehow remembered PJ as JP. What can you do? With a final score of 65%, I'd like to give Pizza Inn another shot, especially with their buffet. I can't believe it took me 35 years to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment