Stuffed-Aria Pizza of Lincoln Illinois

So I'm quite lucky to have parents who are aware of my blog and down to help me try every pizza in their town. Their first choice, Guzzardo's Italian Villa, wasn't answering their phone, so we went with Stuffed-Aria, a joint I had the good fortune of trying in 2017.
While Stuffed-Aria has normal pizza, they specialize in what is known as "Stuffed" pizza, which looks like deep dish, but it's a different thing. Stuffed pizza typically has a layer of crust, then cheese, then a thin layer of crust, then sauce, while Deep Dish is more like a pie, with a soft layer of crust, a thick layer of gooey cheese, and a lake of chunky sauce. The stuffed variety here is more like two pan pizzas stacked on top of each other. The ratio is 5cr/5ch/4ce.
I'll rate their crust a 2 out of 5. It tastes and feels more like a soft pretzel dough than a pizza dough, making a larger slice weigh more than a full pound. Their sauce gets a 3 out of 5. It was good, and I appreciate its quantity, but there was nothing special about it.

For style, Stuffed-Aria gets a 4. An establishment for take-out and delivery, there are no frills about it, delivering maximum fullness at a minimal price, with a unique version of pizza. And for overall quality, I guess they get a four. Aside from the excessive heft of the pie, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. So Stuffed-Aria ends with a 65%.

No comments:

Post a Comment