DeAngelo's Italian Creole Restaurant of Bloomington, IN

I've always liked DeAngelo's pizza. It's orange on top, and a really good deal on Mondays, when they have a buy one get one deal. They use the region of New York in relation to their pie, and when you get the large, it's akin to any east coast pizza. It has a ratio of 1.5cr/1.5ce/1.5ch. Not quite a 1, but the crust is thin and chewy, also somewhat dry. There's not much in the dough's flavor, and as you can see in my picture, there were some pretty imposing bubbles. Despite the presence of those tiny bubbles on the bottom, which I love, their crust gets a 3 out of 5. Their sauce also gets a 3 out of 5. It's good, but it's somewhat thin, like spaghetti sauce. It's also more savory than tangy, like spaghetti sauce.
For style, I'll give DeAngelo's a 3 out of 5. I like that it is cheap on mondays. I like the restaurant. It's a nice place, but not pretentious or expensive. They don't have wings or crazy bread, but all of their italian and creole menu items appeal to me. It's the kind of place you'd want to go with your grandparents. That being said, there's nothing really special about the pizza or the place it came from. For overall quality, I'll give DeAngelo's a Bloomington 4 out of 5. It's consistent and generally satisfying, earning an overall score of 65%.

No comments:

Post a Comment