Harris Pizza #5 of Bettendorf, IA

You might consider Harris Pizza the origin of the quad-cities style, and it's not much different from Saint Guiseppe's. It has a ratio of 2cr/2ce/2ch. Since the style of sausage (crumbled, under the cheese, spicy, with fennel seed) is such a landmark for this style of pizza, I decided to give it a shot, even though sausage isn't good for leaving overnight while you camp in your car. The 12" pie was $12 whether I got a topping or not, so it seemed like a good idea.
Their crust is crusty, and I realized it's more like sourdough, really, than pizza dough. It was all right. I'll give it a 3 out of 5. Their sauce is thinner than Saint Giuseppe's, but there's definitely more in the flavor department. It did soak through a particularly weak section of the dough. I'll give their sauce a 3 out of 5.
For style, I guess Harris gets a 4. There were a lot of cool things on the menu, like burgers, fried pickles (and other fried things), and taco pizza. I really would have liked some unlimited diet pepsis in their dining room, but it was closed. I wish I'd known before I passed-up Harris Pizza #4. I thought I'd read while waiting for my pizza, but one of the two people in the back was trying really hard to be funny while also expressing his crankiness. It's funny how people have a special kitchen personality. He made a few remarks about how my pizza looked like shit, to which his coworker insisted it was a good pizza, looking good. Even I had to inspect the pie before taking it with me, and it looked good.
So for overall quality, Harris Pizza gets a 4 out of 5. The cheese could have been melted more, but oh well. With a 70%, Harris measures right up to my other quad-cities style pizza. Though I'd give this an extra 1% because everything about it was slightly better than what I got at Saint Giuseppe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment