Makin' It Great Again (Detroit-Style)

To be honest, the only official Detroit-Style Pizza I've had was from Jet's, and it was good. Hungry Howie's also has a deep dish pizza, which I would consider Detroit-Style. It's square and has thick crust, but what else makes it Detroit? Pizza Hut says the sauce goes on top, and out of respect for their authority on Pizza (since nobody out-pizzas them), I can go for it.

Sauce on top doesn't always work. The dough has to be soft, which Pizza Hut's is, lending a special decadence to this special pie. As you see, there's even a varience in the style of pepperoni, and there's something festive about a little pepperoni that curls up and turns into a cup of spicy, delicious grease. I did order this pie with a side of red sauce, and I'm somewhat concerned that Pizza Hut's once thick, delicious sauce is slowly going the way of SpaghettiO. I guess that's one more reason to get this delicious, Detroit Pizza while it's available. Thank you, Pizza Hut, for makin' it great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment