Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

I never read this book in school, and when I figured out it was about nazis during world war two, I wasn't sure if I was ready to continue. I know the nazis are/were bad, but I'd rather not dwell on the darkness of it all, so soon after reading Everything is Illuminated.

Nevertheless, Number the Stars is short, and I decided to perservere. It's the story of a young girl in Denmark, a country that surrendered itself to the Nazis, because they knew that if they fought, they'd lose.

So the Nazis start on their plan to exterminate the Jews in Denmark, but there is a resistance. Aside from the fact that our young hero shows great courage and saves the day, I found more value in the information about the real-world aspects of this story than in its inspiring nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment