Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

My older sister had to read this over the summer, before her first semester of college. I went to the same school, but don't remember being assigned anything. They probably just forgot to tell me. Shelley's Frankenstein isn't the monster mashing romp I had expected it to be, though I did see the movie, so the book didn't throw me for a total loop.

The story mostly focuses on Victor, the man named Frankenstein. He hates his creation, because it is ugly, so ugly it is rejected by all society. If not for his appearances, you'd think the monster would be able to easily integrate himself into society. He's remarkably loquacious for a monster, with deep opinions about the popular books of his day, and is a master of watercraft. I won't spoil you with details over which blank characters get mashed in what order. You will probably forget, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment