Wild at Heart (feat. Nicolas Cage)

Films. They dramatize the human experience in an entertaining fashion, usually. Wild at Heart takes this to the extreme in an array of wildly amusing methods. My favorite part is when they're in the car and Powermad comes on the radio. Let's face it, you're not wild if you're not smoking cigarettes and driving a convertible. I did think this film was awesome.

However there's a certain amount of trust that I think should exist between a story teller and their audience. Halfway through the film, I gave up on my hopes and expectations because literally anything could have happened at any moment. While there were some amazing scenes, a lot of them served no purpose. At times I felt like I was being trolled in the David Lynch Cinematic Variety Show.

Aside from that, I think Wild at Heart was a great film. I don't like to argue about the rules of what is good, but here I am... torn apart. With no authority, I think my qualms are valid about this otherwise incredible film.

1. Raising Arizona
2. Leaving Las Vegas
3. Adaptation
4. Birdy
5. Wild at Heart
6. Color Out of Space
7. City of Angels
8. Gone in 60 Seconds
9. Matchstick Men
10. Vampire's Kiss
11. Face/Off
12. Honeymoon in Vegas
13. The Family Man
14. 8mm
15. The Weather Man
16. The Croods

No comments:

Post a Comment