"Misery" by Stephen King

For October, I did my best to read a maximum number of spooky, scary, thrillers. Before then you may have not invited me into the fan club of books, because I had never read anything by Stephen King. I was going to get around it. I’ve always been more of a fantasy kid anyway. I'd say most of his fans are his fans because they don’t read anything else and they don’t know better. He’s probably overrated. I had all the excuses.

Misery was horrific, punishing, and page-turning. Disturbing to complete satisfaction. I want to do it all over again. I saw the Misery film and I’m trying to tell everyone how the book was better. The movie was so happy and gentle. I want to keep feeling the way the book made me feel. I want to press ahead into further darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment