I've taken to gravy

 

It didn't start with a dream, but I had a dream.  I was mall walking and the whole mall was a food court.  The genre of food was fried chicken.  KFC, Lee's, Church's, Popeye's, Crispy Crunchy, Bojangles, Hardees (from the 90s), and more.  None serving food cooked to order, making you wait around while they assemble your sloppy sandwich and fry your soggy fries.  

French fries have let me down.  I've made no secret about it.  Since then, I've come to a logical conclusion about gravy.  It will never be less healthy than ketchup.  Mashed potatoes and gravy will probably always be more worth it than fries.  So there you have it.  Let's do the mash sometime. 

3 comments:

  1. Ayye. Smash some mash, but plz don’t forget the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you any thoughts on the thinner brown vs the creamy country style gravies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both. When I was last in kentucky, I noticed that 75% of gas stations sell fried chicken. Their gravy was typically country style.

      Delete