Refugee by Piers Anthony


  
Most books don't grip me too hard when I dig in but you know how it is.  I wanted/needed to read a space adventure, especially one by the hugely prolific Piers Anthony.  He wrote a lot of hits, often taking place in space and fantasy worlds.  This one looked good.  Check out that spine.  



It's been loved.  There were some very romantic, sexual fantasy-type moments in Refugee.  Those were the best parts.  The parts is famous for.  There were characters more interesting than Hope Hubris, our protagonist.  I don't expect to hear too much about those other characters in Volume 2.  Oh well.  I'll still read it and report back.  In the meantime, check out these alternate covers.  I don't know about you but I love sci fi and fantasy art.  I wish more art galleries were full of stuff like this instead of the classic movements, culturally relevant to everyone who isn't a total nerd.  
Bio of a Space Tyrant, Volume One: Refugee: Anthony, Piers ...
While I found Refugee to be pretty boring, it still got reprinted a bunch.  I'm going to find Piers' secret.  Surely, he wrote a book at some point early in his career that was so good he could spend the rest of his life writing somewhat boring stuff and making money.  Perhaps most of his readers are teenage boys with his largest demographic being teenage boys in the 80s.  That's okay with me.  I want to see what they saw and read what they read.  You might think I have better things to do and better things to read but I doubt it.  This is the world I want to explore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment