Blue Tip Billiards of Bloomington Indiana

My hopes for this one weren't super high. In fact, the guy on the phone was somewhat surprised that I wanted to order a pizza for pick-up. But I guess the local delivery services do work with this place, a decent pool hall with a snack bar. Aside from the pizza, none of their other menu items sounded worth getting, though I was curious about the difference between their nachos and their chips with queso.
Onto the pizza. It has a ratio of 3cr/2ce/4ch. Their crust gets a 3 out of 5. It's a lot like Noble Roman's gas station pizza. Somewhat dense, with a nice chew, nice flavor, and a tiny bit of crusty grease soaked into the bottom. And I assume this is some variety of gas station pizza, perhaps Hunt Brothers, since the sauce isn't as good as I remember from Noble Roman's. Still I give Blue Tip's sauce a 3 out of 5. It's somewhat thin for my taste, but still good. I ordered a side of red sauce to get a fuller experience, but ended up with nacho cheese there. No big deal.
For overall quality, Blue Tip's pizza gets a Bloomington 5 out of 5. With all the cheese, it was a bit of a mess to eat. The bottom also could have gotten more cook. Otherwise, I have zero complaints. I really like this kind of pizza, even if it is frozen from some factory. And if I'm wrong and they do make their own dough, please let me know. Otherwise I'm giving them a 1 for style. It's not fancy but done right, which is good. Only you can probably get this exact pizza in many places. And that's fair. People go to Blue Tip to play pool, and they eat and drink for comfort while they engage in the establishment's main activity.

With a final score of 60%, I say you should definitely try the pizza if you happen to already be in this exact location.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see this pizza as a review. I’ve had many odd experiences there, but there pizza took me by surprise. While I recognize it as a doctored up frozen za, I did fall in love that day.

    ReplyDelete